January isn’t just a time of sales, diets and grey weather, it’s also a great month for optimism. Are YOU excited about what 2015 holds?
What we expect has a bigger bearing on outcomes than we might think. Doesn’t it make sense that we are more likely to make happen the things which we believe CAN happen?
So here is a quick quiz to test what you think the next 12 months will hold; predictions about your future are below!
Answer ‘agree’, ‘disagree’ or ‘not sure’ to the following questions:
- I am prepared to work hard to achieve my dreams
- People can make good things happen
- I’m ready for a better job
- I’ve got as much chance of success as anyone else
- I am in charge of my own destiny
- I persevere whenever I have a setback
- There is always room to improve yourself
- My decisions have a big impact on what happens to me
- I am prepared to work hard to get where I want to be
- People with big goals are more likely to make them a reality
It’s not really rocket science- if you answer ‘agree’ to most of those questions you have a much better chance of a successful 2015 than if you tend to disagree with most of the statements. Believing it is possible to achieve your goals is the first step; the next steps are in taking the specific, proactive actions to support your dreams.
The well-known saying ‘be careful what you wish for’ has a lot of truth in it. It’s not quite as catchy but also important to be careful what you expect, and what you accept.
As you embark on your new year goals make sure you have the support of friends and family, as any big change is hard enough without encountering any resistance from loved ones. If you have the drive, the support and the vision to improve your career, there’s every chance this year will be the one you turned a massive corner and got where you wanted to be within the Fire & Rescue Service.