Pass Your Firefighter Interview eBook
Getting through to the interview stage of the Firefighter selection process is a major achievement.
Most people don’t get anywhere close.
But with this achievement comes a huge amount of pressure. You are so close to becoming a firefighter, it can be agonising to realise that even now you may not have done enough to pass.
Whether you have:
- had an interview before but were disappointed with the result
- or this is your first FRS interview
You now need to be ready to give the interview of your life!
With so much competition, each FRS is in the unique position of only needing to accept the VERY BEST.
Let’s say 50 candidates are invited to interview, and perhaps 30 of these will rated highly enough to pass. But with only 15 trainee firefighter places available you need to be exceptional to make the final cut.
Important aspects to consider before your interview
You may think you don’t really need any help as you have had plenty of interviews in the past and always seem to do ok. It is important to remember:
- How different this type of interview will be from the other type of interviews you have been through
- How much there is at stake. Have you ever had to go through so much to even get to an interview before?
- A lot of people sign up to our services still half thinking they are on the right track; it is only once they see the information we provide that they realise how close they came to giving a weak interview
We have helped many people just like you make sure they are 100% ready to succeed at interview.
We make sure you can perform to the very best of your abilities, with no doubts that you are equipped to go in and give your absolute best.
What to expect at your interview – crucial info you need to know
The FRS selection interview has a strict structure to make sure everyone is given the same opportunity to shine. Not everyone will prepare themselves in the right way to take advantage of this. The interview will probably be very different to interviews you have had before. The interviewer will be following the question sheet carefully- it won’t be an informal chat!
Your interviewer will want to know about specific examples and situations where you have shown what sort of person you are, and what sort of potential you have to be an excellent firefighter.
Your examples need to be:
- Real. They will know if they are made up
- Specific. There needs to be enough detail for the panel to evaluate you properly
- Relevant. Answers which aren’t targeted correctly won’t count
- Exceptional. You will need to be really good to get to the very TOP of the list. Simply passing isn’t good enough anymore.
After your interview, your interviewer will go through everything you have said putting ticks or crosses next to things you have said. The number of ticks decides whether you will get through.
We can help you work out if your answers will be good enough to get those ticks. We can teach you how to make sure your answers are the best they possibly can be (most people miss out because they don’t know how to explain their examples in the right way)
If you leave it to ‘see how you get on,’ there is a strong chance it will mean another year or more until your next interview opportunity.
Let us help you show what you are truly capable of
Our Service is recognised to be the best help available to you pass your interview
We are the leading UK provider of Fire & Rescue Service (FRS) assessment and development services for recruitment and promotion. We are the people that current Firefighters and senior officers come to for help with their development, so we are in a perfect position to also help you to join them in the Fire Service.
We consistently produce outstanding results. If anything is going to improve your chances of getting through, this is it! We give you the best chance possible of success based on your unique evidence. If you have got what it takes, we make sure the FRS recognises this and selects you to join the FRS.
Introducing the Pass your Interview Workbook
This 72 page, instantly downloadable home study guide:
- Covers everything you need to know about passing your interview. It’s full of practical exercises and detailed examples to gradually build up your skills.
- Will show you EXACTLY how to get the very best results from your FRS Interview.
- To prepare effectively takes effort, and this Workbook will coach you towards improving the way you answer your Interview questions.
- It will work through a number of detailed exercises to effectively ‘hold your hand’ as you identify and structure top quality answers.
The type of Interview used by the Fire & Rescue Service is the same at entry level and for internal promotions; that means that once you have used this Workbook to improve your Interview skills and prepare really effective answers you can use it again and again throughout your career. It’s a long term investment.
Why is it excellent value?
Working with us is an investment in your future. We wouldn’t charge the prices we do unless we can give you the results we promise, and if we hadn’t put a HUGE amount into making sure we have produced an excellent product. We have covered everything you need. Now you just need to put the work in.
We help you to:
- Understand what is required of you through simple, step by step explanations
- Identify a number of possible examples you can use in your interview
- Develop your awareness of what the FRS needs you to demonstrate
- Present your examples according to the ONLY structure the FRS will accept
- Avoid the most frequently made mistakes
- Select only your strongest examples
- Identify weaknesses in your answers
- Recognise excellent from mediocre answers
- Practice your responses to realistic practice questions
- Create final answers which will show why you are perfect for the role of a Firefighter
The interview workbook is great and helps break things down.
When you have finished your interview preparation, wouldn’t it be nice to get it checked over before you hand it in?
We now have an ‘express review’ service. This means a qualified assessor will read your interview preparation and tell you:
- If you are answering correctly
- If your answers are hitting the right level
- Any areas of concern and how to address these
Gain the peace of mind that your interview answers are the best version possible.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org